S. M. Rayhanul Islam
B.Sc(Hons.) in Mathematics & M.Sc in Applied Mathematics (RU)
Assistant Professor (On Study Leave)
Department of Mathematics
Pabna University of Science and Technology
Total Publications: 11
- His name is S. M. RAYHANUL ISLAM. He received the B.Sc. degree (Four Years) in Mathematics from the University of Rajshahi, Rajshahi, Bangladesh in 2009 and the M.Sc. degree in Applied Mathematics from the University of Rajshahi, Rajshahi, Bangladesh in 2010. Now, He is the Ph.D. student in School of Civil Engineering at central south university of China. He was a Lecturer in the department of Mathematics at Pabna University of Science & Technology (PUST), Bangladesh, for two years. He is currently an Assistant Professor in the department of Mathematics at Pabna University of Science & Technology (PUST), Bangladesh. He has received the A. F. MUGIBUR RAHMAN FOUNDATION AWARD (Gold Medal and Scholarship) for master degree from University of Rajshahi in 2010. Also he has received research project award from University Grants Commission (UGC). He has published many International Journal articles and Conference papers. His research interests cover the Non-linear Partial Differential Equations, Structural Engineering, Water Wave Mechanics, and Ordinary Differential Equations.
- Research Fellow (Going On) at Central South University, Changsha, Hunan in China.
- M.Sc. in Applied Mathematics in 2010 from University of Rajshahi (RU), Rajshahi-6205, Bangladesh.
- B.Sc. in Mathematics in 2009 from University of Rajshahi (RU), Rajshahi-6205, Bangladesh.
- Higher Secondary Certificate (H.S.C.) Examination in 2004 from Badalgachi Govt. Degree College, Badalgachi, Naogaon, Bangladesh.
- Secondary School Certificate (H.S.C.) Examination in 2002 from Badalgachi pilot High School, Badalgachi, Naogaon, Bangladesh.
Teaching Experience (2)
- Assistant Professor of Mathematics from 01.09.2015 to till now in Department of Mathematics at Pabna University of Science & Technology (PUST), Bangladesh.
- Lecturer of Mathematics from 01.09.2013 to 31.08.2015 in Department of Mathematics at Pabna University of Science & Technology (PUST), Bangladesh.
Administrative or Other Experience (4)
- To complete the lectures at The 17th International Advanced School on Wind and Structural Engineering from 30 Aug to 01 Sep, 2019, Beijing, China. Organizer of IAS17 (Beijing Jiaotong University and Chongqing University)
- Assistant Proctor (01-07-2018 to 31-08-2018), Pabna University of Science and Technology (PUST), Pabna-6600, Bangladesh.
- Founder President, Badalgachi Students Welfare Association (BSWA), University of Rajshahi, Rajshahi. Bangladesh.
- Honorable Life Time Member of Badalgachi Students Welfare Association (BSWA), University of Rajshahi, Rajshahi. Bangladesh.
Research Interests (4)
- Structural Engineering
- Non-linear Partial Differential Equations
- Ordinary Differential Equations
- Water Wave Mechanics
Awards & Recognition (5)
- Life Time Member, Bangladesh Mathematical Society, Dhaka, Bangladesh. ID.: আ 973.
- ‘Gold Medal & Scholarship- 2012’ by THE A. F. MUGIBUR RAHMAN FOUNDATION AWARD, DHAKA for the M. Sc. Results.
- ‘Gold Medal-2010’ by SHAH MUKHDUM HALL, UNIVERSITY OF RAJSHAHI for the B. Sc. Results, University of Rajshahi, Rajshahi, Bangladesh.
- ‘Honorable Award-2013’ by BADALGACHI STUDENTS WALFARE ASSOCIATION, University of Rajshahi, Rajshahi. Bangladesh.
- ‘Achievement Award-2014’ by the ABDUL KHALEK MEMORIAL TRUST, Naogaon.
Journal Articles (10)
- Islam S. M. R., Khan K. and Woadud K. M. Abdul Al (2017): Analytical Studies on the Benney-Luke Equation in Mathematical Physics, Waves in Random and Complex Media, DOI: 10.1080/17455030.2017.1342880, SCI, SCI E, Scopus, IF-3.223.
- Islam S. M. R., Khan K. and Akbar M. A. (2015): Exact solutions of unsteady Korteweg-de Vries and time regularized long wave equations, Springer Plus, 4:124. DOI 10.1186/s40064-015-0893-y, Scopus, IF-0.982.
- Khan K., Akbar M. A. and Islam S. M. R. (2014): Exact solutions for (1 + 1)-dimensional nonlinear dispersive modified Benjamin-Bona-Mahony equation and coupled Klein-Gordon equations, Springer Plus, 3: 724. doi:10.1186/2193-1801-3-724, Scopus, IF-0.982.
- Islam S. M. R., Khan K. and Akbar M. A. (2014): Study of exp(-Φ(ξ))-expansion Method for Solving Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations, British Journal of Mathematics and Computer science, 5(3): 397-407.
- Islam S. M. R. (2015): The Traveling Wave Solutions of the Cubic Nonlinear Schrodinger Equation Using the Enhanced (G^'/G)-Expansion Method, World Applied Sciences Journal, 33(4): 659-667.
- Islam S. M. R. (2015): Applications of the exp(-Φ(ξ))-expansion Method to Find Exact Traveling Wave Solutions of the Benney-Luke Equations in Mathematical Physics, American Journal of Applied Mathematics, 3(3): 100-105.
- Islam S. M. R. (2015): Application of an Enhanced (G^'/G)-Expansion Method to Find Exact Solutions of Nonlinear PDEs in Particle Physics, American Journal of Applied Sciences, 12(11): 836-846.
- Islam S. M. R., Ali M. S., Islam M. S., Khan K., (2016): Traveling Wave Solutions for the Foam Drainage Equation and the Enhanced (G’/G)-Expansion Method, International Journal of Scientific Engineering and Technology 4 (8), 426-431.
- Ghosh B.C. , Islam S. M. R., Mamun A. H. M. M.,(2015): Empirical Evidence of Climate Change: Effects on Rice Production in Bangladesh, International Journal of Geology, Agriculture and Environmental Sciences 3(1), 1-6.
- Mamun A. H. M. M., Ghosh B.C., Islam S. M. R., (2015): Climate change and rice yield in Bangladesh: A micro regional analysis of time series data, International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications 5(2), 1.
Conference Proceedings (1)
- Islam S. M. R., Khan. K. and Akbar M. A. (2015): The Enhanced (G'/G)-Expansion Method Applied to the Coupled (1+1)-Dimensional Broer-Kaup Equations, 1st International Conference on Mathematics and its Applications. Mathematics Discipline, Science Engineering and Technology School, Khulna University, Khulna-9208, Bangladesh.
Conducted Courses (5)
- Aerodynamics and Geophysical Fluid Dynamics (M. Sc.)
- Quantum Mechanics and Differential Geometry (4th Year)
- Astronomy, Mathematical Methods and Numerical Analysis (3rd Year)
- Tensor Analysis, Programming with C and Practical, Complex Variable and Ordinary Differential Equations (2nd Year)
- Differential & Integral Calculus, Trigonometry Vector and Geometry (1st Year)
Graduate Supervision (1)
- S. M. Fahim Faysal, Student ID.: 090350; Session-2008-2009 (Completed). Thesis Title is “Enhanced (G^'/G)-Expansion Method to Find Exact Travelling Wave Solutions of New Coupled Konno-Oono Equation”.