Dr. Md. Shahajan Ali
B.Sc (Hons.) and M.Sc in Physics (RU), PhD in Energy Materials Science (Engineering) University of Yamanashi, Japan
Department of Physics
Pabna University of Science and Technology
Total Publications: 29
Total Publications (29)
- Dr. Md. Shahajan Ali (M. S. Ali) an Associate Professor, Department of Physics at Pabna University of Science and Technology. Previously, he has worked as a Lecturer, Department of Natural Sciences, Daffodil International University, Dhaka. Dr. M. S. Ali received his B.Sc. (Hons.) and M.Sc. (Thesis-Group B -Solid State Physics) degrees in Physics, from the Department of Physics in the University of Rajshahi, Rajshahi, Bangladesh in 2009 and 2010, respectively. He has been awarded his Ph.D. degree in the field of Energy Materials Science from Department of Engineering, Integrated Graduate School of Medicine, Engineering and Agriculture Sciences, University of Yamanashi, Japan in 2021. During this study Dr. M. S. Ali was involved with collaboration research work of thirteen (13) different national and international Universities and Research center. The main focus of Dr. M. S. Ali’s Ph.D. research work was Single crystal growth of oxide types solid electrolyte materials for the development of all solid-state batteries for the next generations. His research interests including Single Crystal Growth of Oxides type Solid electrolyte materials, Materials characterization, Materials Modeling and Thermoelectric properties Simulation. He has published several international reputed journals and conference proceeding.
- Secondary School Certificate (SSC) Examination - 2002, Rampara High School, Lalpur, Natore, Bangladesh.
- Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) Examination - 2004, New Govt. Degree College, Rajshahi, Bangladesh.
- B.Sc. (Hons.) - 2009, Department of Physics, University of Rajshahi (RU), Rajshahi-6205, Bangladesh.
- M.Sc. (Thesis Group B Solid State Physics) - 2010, Department of Physics, University of Rajshahi (RU), Rajshahi-6205, Bangladesh.
- PhD in Energy Materials Science from Department of Engineering, Integrated Graduate School of Medicine, Engineering and Agriculture Sciences, University of Yamanashi, Japan in 2021.
Teaching Experience (4)
- Associate Professor, Department of Physics, Pabna University of Science and Technology, Pabna-6600, Bangladesh (From 7 October 2021, to still now).
- Assistant Professor, Department of Physics, Pabna University of Science and Technology, Pabna-6600, Bangladesh (October 21, 2015 to October 06, 2021)
- Lecturer, Department of Physics, Pabna University of Science and Technology, Pabna-6600, Bangladesh (From September 01, 2013 to October 20, 2015)
- Lecturer, Department of Natural Science, May 13, 2013 to August 31, 2013
Administrative or Other Experience (2)
- Director, Central Cafeteria, Pabna University of Science and Technology, Bangladesh, (February 2021 to present).
- Assistant Proctor, Pabna University of Science and Technology, Bangladesh, 2014 – 2017
Research Interests (13)
- • Single Crystal Growth
- • Solid Electrolyte
- • Materials Science
- • All Solid-State Batteries
- • Solid State Physics
- • Material Characterization
- • Thermodynamics
- • Condensed Matter Physics
- • Superconductivity
- • Density Functional Theory
- • Ab Initio
- • Material Modeling
- • Thermoelectric Properties
Journal Articles (29)
- First-principles calculations to investigate structural and elastic properties of Y2C3 under external pressure. M. ShahinAlam, M. Atikur Rahman, M. ShahajanAli, M.Aftabuzzaman, Computational and Theoretical Chemistry Volume 1202, August 2021, 113320
- Effects of Fe doping on the visible light absorption and band gap tuning of lead-free (CsSnCl3) and lead halide (CsPbCl3) perovskites for optoelectronic applications. M. I. Kholil, M. T. H. Bhuiyan. M. Atikur Rahman, M. S. Ali and M. Aftabuzzaman AIP Advances (American Institute of Physics), Vol. No.: 11, 035229: 1-11 (2021)
- "Influence of molybdenum and technetium doping on visible light absorption, optical and electronic properties of lead-free perovskite CsSnBr3 for optoelectronic applications RSC Advances (Royal Society of Chemistry), Vol. No.: 11, Pages 2405-2414 2021.
- Lithium-ionic conductivity of LixLa(1−x)/3NbO3 single crystals grown by the TSFZ method Md. ShahajanAli, YukiMaruyama, MasanoriNagao, Satoshi Watauchi, IsaoTanaka, Solid State Ionics, Volume 350, July 2020, 115330
- Crystal Growth and Characterization of LixLa(1- x )/3NbO3 by Traveling Solvent Floating Zone Method. Md. Shahajan Ali, Nobuyoshi Sato, Ikuya Fukasawa, Yuki Maruyama, Masanori Nagao, Satoshi Watauchi, and Isao Tanaka, Crystal Growth and, Design, ACS 19 (2019) 6291−6295.
- Growth of Large-diameter LiCoO2 Single Crystals by the Traveling Solvent Floating Zone (TSFZ) Technique using a Tilting-Mirror-type Image Furnace. Ruma PARVIN, Md. Shahajan ALI, Yuki MARUYAMA, Masanori NAGAO, Satoshi WATAUCHI, Isao TANAKA, Journal of Flux Growth Vol.15, No.1, 17-21, 2021
- First−Principles Study: Structural, Mechanical, Electronic and Thermodynamic Properties of Simple−Cubic−Perovskite (Ba0.62K0.38)(Bi0.92Mg0.08)O3. Mirza H.K.Rubel, M. Mozahar Ali, M.S.Ali, R.Parvin, M.M.Rahaman, K.M.Hossain, M.I.Hossain, A.K.M.A.Islam, N.Kumada Solid State Communications, 288, 22-27 (2018).
- Density functional theory study of a new Bi-based (K1.00)(Ba1.00)3(Bi0.89Na0.11)4O12 double perovskite superconductor. Mirza H.K.Rubel, M. A. Hadi, M. M. Rahman, M.S.Ali, M. Aftabuzzaman, R. Parvin, A.K.M.A.Islam, N.Kumada Computational Materials Sciences 138, 160-165 (2017).
- First-principles study of structural, elastic, electronic, thermodynamic and optical properties of Sc3SnX (X = B, C). M. A. Razzak, M. S. Ali and M. A. Hossain Computational Condensed Matter, 13, 41-48 (2017).
- Structural, elastic, electronic and vibrational properties of BaRh2P2 and SrIr2As2 superconductors: A DFT study. M. I Kholil, M. S. Ali and M. Aftabuzzaman Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 740, 754-765 (2018).
- New Ternary Superconducting Compound LaRu2As2: Physical Properties from Density Functional Theory Calculations. M. A. Hadi, M. S. Ali, S. H. Naqib and A. K. M. A. Islam Chinese Physics B 26, 037103 (2017).
- New ordered MAX phase Mo2TiAlC2: Elastic and electronic properties from first-principles M. A. Hadi and M. S. Ali, Chinese Physics B 25(10) 107103 (2016).
- Band structure, Fermi surface, elastic, thermodynamic, and optical properties of AlZr3, AlCu3 and AlCu2Zr: First-principles study R. Parvin, F. Parvin, M. S. Ali and A. K. M. A. Islam Chinese Physics B 25 (8) 083101 (2016).
- New MAX Phase Compound Mo2TiAlC2: First-principles Study M. S. Ali, M. Rayhan, M. A. Ali, R. Parvin and A. K. M. A. Islam Journal of Scientific Research 8(2) 109-117 (2016).
- Physical properties of predicted Ti2CdN versus existing Ti2CdC MAX phase: An ab initio study M. Roknuzzaman, M. Hadi, M. J. Abedin, M. T. Nasir, A. K. M. A. Islam, M. S. Ali, K. Ostrikov and S. H. Naqib Computational Materials Science, 113, 148-153 (2016).
- Structural, elastic, electronic and optical properties of metastable MAX phase Ti5SiC4 compound Md. Ashraf Ali, M. S. Ali and Md. Mohi Uddin, International Journal of Pure and Applied Physics, 54 (6), 386-390 (2015).
- Electronic, optical and thermal properties of TiCr2 and TiMn2 by ab initio simulations M. S. Ali, M. Roknuzzaman, R. Parvin, A. K. M. A. Islam, K. Ostrikov. International Journal of Modern Physics B 29 (31), 1150223 (2015).
- Band Structure, Hardness, Thermodynamic and Optical Properties of Superconducting Nb2AsC, Nb2InC and Mo2GaC. M. Hadi, M. S. Ali, S. H. Naqib and A. K. M. A. Islam International Journal of Computational Materials Science and Surface Engineering 2 (2), 1350007 (2013).
- Zirconium metal-based MAX phases Zr2AC (A = Al, Si, P and S): A first-principles study M. T. Nasir, M. A. Hadi, S. H. Naqib, F. Parvin, A. K. M. A. Islam, M. Roknuzzaman and M. S. Ali International Journal of Modern Physics B 28 (32), 1150022 (2014).
- New superconductor (Na0.25K0.45)Ba3Bi4O12 : A first-principles study M.S.Ali, M.Aftabuzzaman, M. Roknuzzaman, M. A. Rayhan, F. Parvin, M. M. Ali, M. H. K. Rubel, A.K.M.A.Islam Physica C: Superconductivity and its Applications,15, 53-58 (2014).
- Impact of Lithium Composition on Structural, Electronic and Optical Properties of Lithium Cobaltite Prepared by Solid-state Reaction F. Khatun, Md. A. Gafur, M. S. Ali, S. Islam and Md. Abdur Razzaque Sarker Journal of Scientific Research 6(2), 217-231, (2014)
- Mechanical, electronic, optical, thermodynamic properties and superconductivity of ScGa3 F. Parvin, M. A. Hossain, M. S. Ali and A. K. M. A. Islam Physica B: Condensed Matter, 457, 320-325 (2015)
- Newly synthesized nanolaminate Nb2GeC: Hardness, thermodynamic and optical properties by first-principles method M. S. Ali, F. Parvin, A. K. M. A. Islam and M. A. Hossain Computational Materials Science 74, 119 (2013).
- Mechanical and optical properties of inverse-perovskites Sc3InX (X = B, C, N) M. A. Hossain, M. S. Alli, F. Parvin and A. K. M. A. Islam Computational Materials Science 73, 1-8 (2013).
- Rare earth rhodium borides RRh3B (R = Y, Zr, and Nb): mechanical, thermal and optical properties M. A. Hossain, M. S. Ali and A. K. M. A. Islam The European Physical Journal B 85, 396 (2012).
- Newly synthesized Ti5Al2C3: Electronic and optical properties by first-principles method M. S. Ali, A. K. M. A. Islam and M. A. Hossain. Journal of Scientific Research 4 (3), 569-575 (2012).
- Phase stability, elastic, electronic, thermal and optical properties of Ti3 A11- xSixC2(0≤x≤1): First principle study M. S. Ali, A. K. M. A. Islam, Md. Mukter Hossain and Fahmida Parvin Physica B: Condensed Matter 407 (21), 5221-4228 (2012).
- Ni-rich nitrides ANNi3 (A = Pt, Ag, Pd) in comparison with superconducting ZnNNi3. M. A. Ali, A. K. M. A. Islam and M. S. Ali Journal of Scientific research 4(1), 1-10, (2012).
Conducted Courses (13)
- Advanced Solid-State Physics
- Crystallography and Spectroscopy
- Fundamentals of Physics
- • Superconductivity
- Crystallography and Spectroscopy
- • Electricity, Magnetism and Modern Physics
- • Basic Electronics
- • Electronic Devices and Circuit analysis
- • Atomic and Molecular Physics
- • Solid-State Physics
- Mechanics, Properties of Matter, Sound and Waves
- Mechanics and Properties of Matter
- • Mechanics