B.Sc. (Hons.) and M.S. in Physics (JU)
Department of Physics
Pabna University of Science and Technology
Total Publications: 7
- Maliha Nishat was born in Thakurgaon, Bangladesh. She completed her B.Sc. (Honors) and M.S. degrees from the Department of Physics at Jahangirnagar University, Bangladesh in 2016 (Held in 2017) and 2017 (held in 2018) respectively. Currently, she has been working as a lecturer in the Department of Physics at Pabna University of Science and Technology, Pabna-6600, Bangladesh. Her major field of research in material science and solid-state physics.
- S.S.C from Thakurgaon Govt. Girls High School, Dinajpur board with a GPA of 5.00 in 2010
- H.S.C from Holy Cross College, Dhaka board with a GPA of 5.00 in 2012.
- B.Sc. from jahangirnagar University with cgpa of 3.83 (2nd position) in 2016 (held in 2017).
- M.S from jahangirnagar University with cgpa of 3.93 (4th position) in 2017 (held in 2018).
Teaching Experience (1)
- Working as a lecturer at the Department of Physics, Pabna University of Science and Technology from 04 February 2020 till the present.
Administrative or Other Experience (1)
- Currently working as an assistant hall provost of Sheikh Hasina hall from 29 May 2022 till the present.
Research Interests (1)
- Material Science, Solid-state Physics, Computational Simulation
Active Research Project (1)
- DFT investigation on the 413-type MAX phase compound under pressure.
Previous Research Project (2)
- Adsorption Behavior of Anagrelide Anticancer Drug on the Surface of B12N12, AlB11N12, and GaB11N12 Nanocages: A Comparative DFT and QTAIM Insight
- A DFT investigation on 2D nanostructures for the application of drug delivery purposes.
External Affiliation (1)
- Affiliate member at Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
Awards & Recognition (1)
- National Science and Technology Fellowship 2018-2019 from Ministry of National Science and Technology, People's Republic of Bangladesh.
Journal Articles (6)
- N.A. Shahed, Maliha Nishat, Mst. Shamima Khanom, Md. Kamal Hossain, Md. Abul Hossain, Farid Ahmed “Effect of oxygen deficiency on optical and magnetic properties of Ba2MMoO6 (M=Cr, Mn, Fe): A first-principles study”, Computational Condensed Matter, 2020, 23, e00464.
- N. A. Shahed, Md. Kamal Hossain, , Maliha Nishat, Md. Jahir Alam, Md. Abul Hossain, Farid Ahmed, Optical and Magnetic Properties of Oxygen-Deficient Ba2MMoO6−μ (M=Mn, Fe and μ=0, 0.5, 1.0) in a Monoclinic Phase: A First-Principles Study, SPIN, 2020, 10 (3), 2050023.
- Md. Rakib Hossain, Md. Mehade Hasan, Maliha Nishat, Noor-E-Ashrafi, Farid Ahmed, Tahmina Ferdous, Md. Abul Hossain, DFT and QTAIM investigations of the adsorption of chlormethine anticancer drug on the exterior surface of pristine and transition metal functionalized boron nitride fullerene, Journal of Molecular Liquids, 2021, 323, 114627.
- Maliha Nishat, Rojina Islam, Md. Atikur Rahman, Investigation of the Effect of 3d TM-TM Atom Co-Doped in Graphene Nanosheet: DFT Based Calculations International Journal of Material and Mathematical Sciences, 2021, 3 (6), 122-132.
- Maliha Nishat, Md. Rakib Hossain, Md. Mehade Hasan, Md. Kamal Hossain, Md. Abul Hossain, Farid Ahmed, “Interaction of Anagrelide drug molecule on pristine and doped boron nitride nanocages: a DFT, RDG, PCM and QTAIM investigation”, Journal of Biomolecular Structure and Dynamics, 2022, (1), https://doi.org/10.1080/07391102.2022.2049369.
- Maliha Nishat, Md. Kamal Hossain, Md. Rakib Hossain, Shamima Khanom, Farid Ahmed, Md. Abul Hossain, "Role of Metal and Anions in Organo-Metal Halide Perovskites CH3NH3MX3 (M: Cu, Zn, Ga, Ge, Sn, Pb; X: Cl, Br, I) on Structural and Optoelectronic Properties for Photovoltaic Applications", RSC Advances, 2022 (12), 13281-13294.DOI: 10.1039/D1RA08561A
Conference Proceedings (1)
- M. Nishat, M. R. Hossain, M. F. Israt, M. K. Hossain, F. Ahmed and M. A. Hossain, "First Principle Study of Pristine and Zn Doped B6 Nanocluster," 2019 International Conference on Sustainable Technologies for Industry 4.0 (STI), Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2019, pp. 1-5.
Conducted Courses (9)
- PHY-5109-Reactor Physics and Nuclear Technology
- PHY 5104-Health and Radiation Physics
- Phy 2255-Electricity, Magnetism and Modern Physics (Mathematics)
- Phy-2102-Physics Practical (Chemistry)
- PHY 4205 -Physics Lab-B
- PHY 4105-Physics Lab-A
- PHY 3204-Computational Physics
- PHY 3203-Relativity: Special and General
- PHY 3103-Electronic Devices and Circuits
Graduate Supervision (1)
- One student whose project work entitled "Adsorption Behavior of Anagrelide Anticancer Drug on the Surface of B12N12, AlB11N12, and GaB11N12 Nanocages: A Comparative DFT and QTAIM Insight".