Md. Abir Hasan
M.Sc. in Civil & Structural Engineering (Ongoing), BUET. B.Sc. in Civil Engineering,BUET
Department of Civil Engineering
Pabna University of Science and Technology
Total Publications: 5
- Md. Abir Hasan was born in Kushtia District, Bangladesh on 07 January 1995. He passed the S.S.C exam in 2011 from Kushtia Zilla School and H.S.C exam in 2013 from Kushtia Govt. College under Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board, Jashore. Then he received the B.Sc. in Civil Engineering degree from Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET) in 2018. After that he was admitted in M.Sc. in Civil and Structural Engineering in Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET) on October 2018. He has completed his theory credits and currently he is pursuing his M.Sc. thesis works on Seismic Fuse. At present, he is working as a Lecturer, in the Department of Civil Engineering, Pabna University of Science and Technology, Pabna, Bangladesh. His current research interests centered around Earthquake Engineering, Structural Analysis, Replaceable Seismic Fuse, Structural Optimization. He is a member of the Institute of Engineers Bangladesh (IEB).
- M.Sc. in Civil and Structural Engineering (Ongoing), Department of Civil Engineering, Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- B.Sc. in Civil Engineering (2018), Department of Civil Engineering, Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- H.S.C (2013), Kushtia Govt. College, Kushtia, Bangladesh
- S.S.C (2011), Kushtia Zilla School, Kushtia, Bangladesh
Teaching Experience (2)
- Lecturer, (Mar. 14, 2020 - Present), Department of Civil Engineering, Pabna University of Science & Technology (PUST), Pabna, Bangladesh
- Lecturer, (Jan. 3, 2019 - July. 30, 2019), Department of Civil Engineering, Ahsanullah University of Science and Technology (AUST), Dhaka, Bangladesh
Administrative or Other Experience (3)
- Member, Exam Committee, Department of CE, PUST (Session: 2015-2016 (4th year), 2017-2018 (3rd year), 2018-2019 (2nd year), 2019-2020 (1st year)
- Treasurer, Civil Engineering Association, Department of Civil Engineering, Pabna University of Science and Technology, Pabna, Bangladesh.
- Treasurer, Centre for Research, Testing and Consultation (CRTC), Department of Civil Engineering, Pabna University of Science and Technology, Pabna, Bangladesh.
Research Interests (7)
- Earthquake Engineering
- Structural Health Monitoring
- Seismic Fuse
- Structural Optimization
- Soil-Structure Interaction
- Seismic Hazard Analysis
- Finite Element Modeling
Active Research Project (1)
- Assessment of compressive strength of concrete based on mixing of fine sand, crushed sand and coarse sand using mixture design modeling approach.
Previous Research Project (1)
- Assessing Impact of BNBC 2020 on Concrete Building Construction Practice in Pabna.
External Affiliation (1)
- Member, The Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh (IEB), Bangladesh.
Awards & Recognition (5)
- Dean’s list Award in January 2018, January 2017, January 2015
- University Merit Scholarship from BUET in January-2018, July-2017, January 2017, July-2016, January-2016, July-2014
- University Stipend from BUET in 2015
- HSC Board General Scholarship, position-117
- SSC Board Talent pool Scholarship, position-100
Journal Articles (3)
- Md. Rashedul Haque, Md. Abir Hasan, Fahmida Akter, Md. Munsur Ali, Md. Rakibul Hasan Razib, “Analysis of Existing Traffic Condition of Pabna City, Bangladesh: A Case Study”, International Journal of Transportation Engineering and Traffic System, Volume 8, Issue 1, 2022, ISSN: 2456-2343, DOI (Journal): 10.37628/IJTETS, http://civil.journalspub.info/index.php?journal=JTETS&page=index, pp. 18-32 (Accepted)
- Md. Abir Hasan, Md. Rashedul Haque, “Developing Design Charts for Lateral Loads in High Seismic and High Wind Zone of Bangladesh According to BNBC 2020”, Journal of Structural Engineering and Management, Vol 9, Issue 1; 2022, ISSN: 2393-8773, DOI (Journal): 10.37591/JoSEM, pp. 34-43.
- Md. Abir Hasan, Shraboni Debnath, and Arifa Akhter (2022), Comparative Study of Lateral Loads and Its Cost Effect on RC Moment Frame and Wall-frame Building According to BNBC 2020 in Different Zones of Bangladesh, DIU Journal of Science and Technology, Volume 17, Issue 1, ISSN: 1818-5878, pp. 36-42.
Conference Proceedings (2)
- Samia Zakir Sarothi, Md. Shadman Sakib, Md. Abir Hasan, Arifa Akhter, Tanvir Rabbi, Khan Mahmud Amanat “Comparative Analysis of RC Frame Structures Following BNBC 1993 and BNBC 2017 Versions of Code for High Seismic and High Wind Zone” International Conference on Disaster Risk Management, Dhaka (iCDRM2019), No: 31.
- Md. Shadman Sakib, Samia Zakir Sarothi, Md. Abir Hasan, Arifa Akhter, Tanvir Rabbi, Khan Mahmud Amanat “Comparative Study of BNBC 1993 and BNBC 2017 Provisions for the Design of Multistoried Steel Buildings in High Wind and High Seismic Zone” International Conference on Structural Engineering Research, Sydney (iCSER2019), APM121.
Conducted Courses (23)
- ME 1200: Engineering Drawings (CSE Dept.)
- CE 1208: Construction Technology and Materials-Lab (URP Dept.)
- CE 1207: Construction Technology and Materials (URP Dept.)
- CE 5251: Structure VIII (Arch. Dept.)
- CE 5151: Structure VII (Arch. Dept.)
- CE 4151: Structure VI (Arch. Dept.)
- CE 4220: Water Resource Engineering Sessional-I
- CE 4227: Hydraulic Structures
- CE 4210: Structural Analysis and Design Sessional-III
- CE 4213: Pre-Stresses Concrete
- CE 4131: Geotechnical Engineering-III
- CE 4121: Irrigation and Flood Control
- CE 3218: Reinforced Concrete Sessional-II
- CE 3217: Reinforced Concrete-II
- CE 3213: Structural Analysis & Design-II
- CE 3209: Geology and Geomorphology
- CE 3207: Hydrology
- CE 3112: Structural Analysis & Design Sessional-I
- CE 3111: Structural Analysis & Design-I
- MES 2102: Mechanical Engineering Shop Sessional
- CE 2110: Details of Construction
- CE 2122: Fluid Mechanics Sessional I
- CE 2121: Fluid Mechanics-I
Conference and Seminar Attended (2)
- International Conference on Disaster Risk Management, Dhaka, 2019 (iCDRM2019)
- International Conference on Structural Engineering Research, Sydney, 2019 (iCSER2019)