Ashraf Uddin Fahim
Assistant Professor (on Study Leave)
Department of Urban and Regional Planning
Pabna University of Science and Technology
Total Publications: 13
Total Publications (13)
- Currently, Ashraf Uddin Fahim is working as a Faculty Member (Assistant Professor) in the Department of Urban and Regional Planning (URP), Pabna University of Science and Technology (PUST). He successfully completed Bachelor in Urban and Regional Planning (URP) and Masters in Urban and Regional Planning (URP) from Jahangirnagar University (JU) in 2016 and 2017 respectively. He achieved 3.78 in BURP and 3.84 in MURP. He is very enthusiastic to contribute in various voluntary social welfare organizations from his student life. He is a Member of Bangladesh Institute of Planners.
Teaching Experience (2)
- Assistant Professor, 2 January, 2023 - Present
- Lecturer 2 January, 2021 - 1 January, 2023
Administrative or Other Experience (1)
- Assistant Director, Student Advisor Office, Pabna University of Science and Technology, Pabna-6600, Bangladesh, September 1, 2022 – Present
Research Interests (1)
- Public Health and Planning, Transportation and Public Health
Active Research Project (1)
- Behavioral Aspect of Multimodal Travel in industrial based Urban areas of Bangladesh: A Case Study on Savar Paurashava
Previous Research Project (1)
- Smartphone Addiction, Attitudes and Purpose of Use among the Students of Secondary and Higher Secondary Institution
External Affiliation (1)
- Member of Bangladesh Institutes of Planners Member ID - 1509
Journal Articles (13)
- Knowledge of insulin use and its factors in patients with diabetes: a Bangladeshi exploratory study, Journal of Public Health (2023), Springer Nature.
- Travel behavior characteristics of informal public mode users: A case study of E-rickshaw users of Rangpur city corporation (RpCC) in Bangladesh. RTS - Recherche Transports Sécurité, 2023, 2023, 12p. 10.25578/RTS_ISSN1951- 6614_2023-01. hal-04081330
- Attributes of modal choice in industrial based urban area: A case study on Savar Paurashava. Journal of Sustainable Development of Transport and Logistics, 8(1), 63-72. doi:10.14254/jsdtl.2023.8-1.5.
- Domestic solid waste disposal practice among the residents of a municipality area: A case study on Pabna municipality, DISCOVERY, Volume 58, Issue 323, November 2022, Page 1256-1265.
- Measurement of Efficient Travel Time of a Highway Corridor Through Moving Observer Method: A Case Study on Savar-Manikganj Highway in Bangladesh, Journal of Engineering Science, Volume - 13, Issue - 1, Pages 21-29, DOI: https://doi.org/10.3329/jes.v13i1.60559, ISSN 2075-4914 eISSN 2706-6835
- Vulnerability Assessment to the Natural Disaster in the Coastal Areas of Bangladesh: A Case Study on Cox’s Bazar Paurashava, The Jahangirnagar Planning Review, Vol. 19, 2020-21, ISSN 1728-4198 ©Jahangirnagar University
- Compact City Development (CCD): A Theoretical Analysis regarding Urban Form, Characteristics and Indicators, Research & Reviews: Journal of Architectural Designing, Volume 04 Issue 01
- An Investigation of Users’ Perception on Non-Motorized Transport Services in a Municipality Area: A Cross-Sectional Study on Pabna Municipality, Case Studies on Transport Policy, Cite Score - 2.9 (Q1 Journal), Volume - 10, Issue - 1. ISSN: 2213-624X.
- Natural Disaster Risk Assessment in the Coastal Area of Bangladesh: A Case Study on Cox’s Bazar Paurashava, BAUET Journal (ISSN: 2521-5256), Volume-3, Issue-1, Page: 28-42, Bangladesh Army University of Engineering & Technology (BAUET).
- Thermal and ecological assessment based on land surface temperature and quantifying multivariate controlling factors in Bogura, Bangladesh. Heliyon (Q1). Cite Score - 2.1. Volume - 7, ISSUES - 9 ISSN - 2405-8440
- 'Problem Identification of Pedestrian Movement Way by Using PERS (Pedestrian Environmental Review System) Technique: A Case Study of Uttara Model Town', Journal of Advances in Civil Engineering and Management (Vol. 4, Issue 2)., 2021
- Study of Mental Stress Related with Lifestyle During COVID-19: A Case Study on Bangladesh, International Journal of Education and Applied Sciences, Volume 3, Number 1, Page 113-124, January 2021, ISSN: 2345-6728
- Sustainable Urban Compact Form Measurement: A Case Study on Dhanmondi and Uttara, The Jahangirnagar Review, Part II: Social Sciences, Vol. XLII, 2018 Page 251-262 Printed in February 2020, ISSN 1682-422 ©Jahangirnagar University
Conducted Courses (15)
- 14. Land Management and Development
- 13. Transportation Engineering
- 12. Urban Governance
- 11. Transportation Planning - Lab
- 10. Transportation Planning
- 9. Site Planning - Lab
- 8. Basic Design - Lab
- 7. Neighbourhood Planning
- 6. Elements of Architecture
- 6. Elements of Architecture
- 5. Tourism Planning
- 4. Planning Laws
- 3. Landscape Planning
- 2. Site and Area Planning
- 1. Research Methodology.
Graduate Supervision (6)
- “The Role of NGOs in Socio-Economic Development”: A Case Study in Bhangura Upazilla, Pabna, Bangladesh
- Analyzing the Pattern of Land Use Land Cover Change and its impact on Land Surface Temperature: A Case Study of Bogura Municipality
- Monitoring Agricultural Drought for Pre-Kharif Season in North-Western Region of Bangladesh using Vegetation Health Index on Geospatial Technique
- Assessment of Pedestrian Level of Service (PLOS) in Urban Area: A Case Study on Pabna Municipality in Bangladesh
- Domestic Solid Waste Disposal Practice: A Case Study on Pabna Municipality
- Exploring Non-Motorized Transportation Practice in Municipal Area: An Investigation on Existing Condition in Pabna Paurashava