MSc Eng. (China), B.Sc Engg. in CIT (IUT)
Assistant Professor (On Study Leave)
Department of Computer Science and Engineering
Pabna University of Science and Technology
Total Publications: 6
- I am an ICT professional with eight years of research experience at leading academic institutions in three countries. My research expertise falls into the field of Computer Science and Information technology, particularly in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning, Big Data Analysis, and Biomedical Signal Analysis. I also have teaching and tutoring experience at the undergraduate level at various universities in the same areas.
- PhD Fellow in Computing and Security, (Australia).
- MSc in Computer Science and Engineering, (China).
- BSc in Computer Science and Information Technology, (Bangladesh)
Research Interests (1)
- Machine Learning and Computer Vision.
Active Research Project (1)
- 3D Morphable Ear Model
Previous Research Project (1)
- Epileptic Seizure Classification From EEG Signal.
External Affiliation (2)
- Australian computer society (ACS)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
Awards & Recognition (3)
- Higher Degree Research Scholarship for PhD in Australia.
- Chinese Government Scholarship for MSc.
- OIC scholarship for undergraduate study.
Journal Articles (2)
- Mursalin, M., Islam, S. S., & Noman, M. K. (2019). Epileptic seizure classification using statistical sampling and a novel feature selection algorithm. arXiv preprint arXiv:1902.09962.
- Mursalin, M., Zhang, Y., Chen, Y., & Chawla, N. V. (2017). Automated epileptic seizure detection using improved correlation-based feature selection with random forest classifier. Neurocomputing, 241, 204-214. IF: 4.07
Conference Proceedings (4)
- Mursalin, M., & Islam, S. M. S. (2020, February). EpNet: A Deep Neural Network for Ear Detection in 3D Point Clouds. In International Conference on Advanced Concepts for Intelligent Vision Systems(pp. 15-26). Springer, Cham.
- Mursalin, M., Islam, S. M. S., & Al-Jumaily, A. (2019, September). A Cost-effective Method for Epileptic Seizure Classification. In 2019 IEEE International Conference on Signal Processing, Communications and Computing (ICSPCC) (pp. 1-5). IEEE.
- Mursalin, M., & Mesbah-Ul-Awal, M. (2014, February). Towards classification of weeds through digital image. In 2014 Fourth International Conference on Advanced Computing & Communication Technologies (pp. 1-4). IEEE.
- Guo, Y., Zhang, Y., Mursalin, M., Xu, W., & Lo, B. (2018, March). Automated epileptic seizure detection by analyzing wearable EEG signals using extended correlation-based feature selection. In 2018 IEEE 15th International Conference on Wearable and Implantable Body Sensor Networks (BSN) (pp. 66-69). IEEE.
Conducted Courses (7)
- System Analysis and Design
- Computer Algorithm
- Theory of Computation and Compiler Design
- Artificial Intelligence
- Digital System and Logic
- Object-oriented Programming
- Introduction to Computer
Conference and Seminar Attended (1)
- International Conference on Advanced Concepts for Intelligent Vision Systems, Auckland, New Zealand