Dr. Md. Shamim Reza
PhD, Peking University, China
Department of Statistics
Pabna University of Science and Technology
Total Publications: 6
Total Publications (6)
- Dr. Md. Shamim Reza is an Associate Professor of the Department of Statistics, Pabna University of Science and Technology, Pabna, Bangladesh. He received his PhD from Peking University, China under Chinese Government Scholarship in 2019. He completed his B.Sc. and M.Sc. degrees in Statistics from Rajshahi University, Bangladesh in 2007 and 2008, respectively. His research interests on Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Medical Imaging, Multivariate Analysis, and Computer Vision.
- Doctor of Philosophy , School of Mathematical Sciences, Peking University, Beijing, China. (Awarded Peking University merit scholarship for PhD)
- Master of Science (Thesis), Dept. of Statistics, Rajshahi University, Rajshahi, Bangladesh
- Bachelor of Science, Dept. of Statistics, Rajshahi University, Rajshahi, Bangladesh.
Teaching Experience (3)
- Associate Professor, Dept. of Statistics, Pabna University of Science and Technology, Pabna, Bangladesh (23/12/2019 to present)
- Assistant Professor, Dept. of Mathematics, Pabna University of Science and Technology, Pabna, Bangladesh (27/09/2013 to 22/12/2019)
- Lecturer, Dept. of Mathematics, Pabna University of Science and Technology, Pabna, Bangladesh (27/09/2010 to 26/09/2013)
Administrative or Other Experience (3)
- Chairman, Dept. of Statistics, Faculty of Science, Pabna University of Science and Technology, Pabna (15/08/2020 to present)
- Chairman (Additional In Charge), Dept. of Statistics, Faculty of Science, Pabna University of Science and Technology, Pabna (01/08/2015 to 31/08/2015)
- Additional Director, Institutional Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC), Pabna University of Science and Technology, Pabna (01/02/2020 to 28/02/2021 )
Research Interests (6)
- Data Mining
- Multivariate Analysis
- Medical Imaging
- Deep Learning
- Statistical Learning Theory
- Artificial Intelligence
Active Research Project (1)
- Cloud Detection Using Deep Transfer Learning
Previous Research Project (3)
- Types-II Diabetes Miletus Diagnosis Using Machine Learning Approach: A Case Study of Pabna Diabetes Hospital
- Breast Cancer Grading from Histopathological Images using Deep Transfer Learning
- Bangla Hand Digit Recognition Using Deep Convolutional Neural Network
External Affiliation (2)
- General Secretary (2013), Teachers Association, Pabna University Science & Technology, Pabna, Bangladesh
- Joint Secretary (2014), Federation of Bangladesh University Teachers Association.
Awards & Recognition (3)
- K.M Hossain award from Rajshai University for securing 1st class 1st of B.Sc. honors examination in Statistics of the year 2007.
- Peking University International Students Academic Award of the Year 2019 for PhD.
- Chinese Government Scholarship (CSC) awarded by The Ministry of Education, China for pursuing doctoral degree in China. (September, 2015 to June, 2019)
Conference Proceedings (6)
- Reza M.S, Yasmin R., Amin R.: Design of Nobel Feature Union for Prediction of Liver Disease Patients: A Machine Learning Approach, 4th Industrial Revolution and Beyond (IC4IR), On the 100th Birth Anniversary of the Father of the Nation of Bangladesh, Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman and 50th anniversary of independence of the country, Organized by University Grant Commission (UGC), December, 2021.
- Reza, M.S., Ma, J.: Imbalanced Histopathological Breast Cancer Image Classification with Convolutional Neural Network, In: The 14 IEEE International Conference on Signal Processing, Beijing, China, IEEE Xplore, pp. 619-624 (2018).
- Reza, M.S., Ma, J.: Quantile Kurtosis in ICA and Integrated Feature Extraction for Classification. In: Intelligent Computing Theories and Application (ICIC - 2017), Liverpool, United Kingdom, ISBN 978-3-319-63308-4 (2017).
- Reza, M.S., Ma, J.: ICA and PCA integrated feature extraction for classification. In: The 13 IEEE International Conference on Signal Processing, Chengdu, Sichuan, China, IEEE Xplore, pp. 1083-1088 (2016).
- Reza, M.S. and Nasser, M. (2012). A New Measure of Kurtosis Based on Quantiles and Its Application to Independent Component Analysis, International Conference Statistical Data Mining of Bioinformatics Health Agriculture and Environment. University of Rajshahi, ISBN: 978-984-33-5876-9.
- Reza, M.S. and Nasser, M.: An improved version of kurtosis estimator and their application in ICA” 13International Conference on Computer and Information Technology (ICCIT), Dhaka, Bangladesh, Program book, pp. 73-79, 2010.