Dr. Md. Awal Kabir
BSS (Hons.) (RU), MSS (DU), B.P. Ed. (NU), M.P.Ed. (UU) , Ph.D (PUST)
Department of Social Work
Pabna University of Science and Technology
Total Publications: 6
- B.S.S (Honours), Department of Social Work, University of Rajshahi.
- M.S.S, Institute of Social Welfare and Research, University of Dhaka
- Ph.D. Pabna University of Science and Technology
Teaching Experience (2)
- Lecturer, From 29 April, 2014 to 28 April 2016
- Assistant Professor, From 29 April, 2016 to Present
Administrative or Other Experience (5)
- Provost, Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Hall: 20/07/2017 to 31/03/2018
- 02. Proctor: 01/09/2014 to 16/04/2018
- 01. Proctor (Acting): 16/06/2014 to 31/08/2014
- Chairman From 31 July 2016 to 30 July 2019
- Chairman from 29 July 2015 to 30 July 2016
External Affiliation (5)
- Chairman, Ayla Social Welfare Association (NGO)
- Lifetime Member, Pabna Rifle Club, Pabna.
- Convening Member, Alumni Association, Department of Social Work, Rajshahi University.
- Member, Bangladesh Clinical Social Workers Association (BCSWA)
- President, Governing Body, Sreekal Aziza Smrity High School
Journal Articles (5)
- Uddin, M.E. & Kabir, M.A. (2016). Children’s Age Ascription and Consequences across Family Life Cycle between Muslim and Santal in Bangladesh. Psychology, 7, 984-991. doi: 10.4236/psych.2016.77099.
- Uddin, M. E., Kabir, M. A., & Akter, S. (2022). Sociocultural Status and Verbal Behavior between Muslim and Santal Couples in Bangladesh. Asian Journal of Sociological Research, 6(2), 14-25. Retrieved from https://globalpresshub.com/index.php/AJSR/article/view/1491
- Uddin, M. E., Wahab, G. M. A., & Kabir, M. A. (2022). Comparison of Status Assignment between Muslim and Santal Communities in Rural Bangladesh. Asian Research Journal of Current Science, 4(1), 246-252. Retrieved from https://globalpresshub.com/index.php/ARJOCS/article/view/1575
- Kabir, MA. & Islam, MJ. (2022). Trends of Breastfeeding Practice and Determinant Factors of Exclusive Breastfeeding in Bangladesh: Evidence from the Six Nationally Representative Cross-Sectional Surveys. American Journal of Multidisciplinary Research and Innovation, 1(2), 1–7. https://doi.org/10.54536/ajmri.v1i2.210
- Khan MN, Kabir MA, Shariff AA, Rahman MM (2022) Too many yet too few caesarean section deliveries in Bangladesh: Evidence from Bangladesh Demographic and Health Surveys data. PLOS Glob Public Health 2(2): e0000091. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pgph.0000091
Published Book (1)
- Kabir, MA. (2022). Socio-Economic Vulnerability among Elderly Women in Bangladesh. LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing.
Conducted Courses (1)
- SW 1101: Introduction to Social Work SW 2105: Demographic Issues and Social Work SW 1251: Sociological Knowledge in Social Work Practice SW 2151: Social Problems and Techniques of Problem Analysis SW 3102: Voluntarism, NGOs and Social Welfare Services in Bangladesh BSW 1251: Sociological Knowledge in Social Work Practice BSW 2251: Social Problems and Techniques of Problem Analysis BSW 2102: Social Work Practice with Groups SW 3254: Labour Welfare and Industrial Relations