B.Sc. Engg. in CE (RUET), M. Engg in Structural Engg. (RUET)
Lecturer (On Study Leave)
Department of Civil Engineering
Pabna University of Science and Technology
Total Publications: 24
- PhD -Materials and Structural Engineering (Ongoing, 2020 - To-date), School of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of New South Wales (UNSW Sydney), Sydney, NSW 2052, Australia.
- Master of Engineering (Structural Analysis), Rajshahi University of Engineering & Technology (RUET); 2017
- B.Sc in Civil Engineering, Rajshahi University of Engineering & Technology (RUET); 2012
Teaching Experience (3)
- Lecturer (February 4, 2018 - present), Department of Civil Engineering, Pabna University of Science & Technology (PUST), Pabna, Bangladesh
- Lecturer (part-time) (March 7, 2017 - February 3, 2018), Department of Civil Engineering, Pabna University of Science & Technology (PUST), Pabna, Bangladesh
- Lecturer (February 6, 2016 - March 6, 2017), Department of Civil Engineering, Rajshahi Science & Technology University (RSTU), Natore, Bangladesh
Research Interests (8)
- Concrete Technology
- Waste Materials
- Advanced Manufacturing (3D Printing Technology)
- Smart, Sustainable and Green Construction Materials
- Structural Strengthening & Rehabilitation
- Composite Materials and Structures
- Structural Engineering
External Affiliation (5)
- • Member, Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE), ICE/ 93609014
- • Member (Life), The Institution of Engineers (IEB), Bangladesh. M-35898
- • Member, The American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), SMASCE-12195482.
- • Member, American Concrete Institute (ACI), ACI Member-2031768.
- • Member, Concrete Institute of Australia.
Awards & Recognition (4)
- • Tuition Fee Scholarship (TFS) from the University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW-2052, Australia, which covers tuition fees and provides living stipend (March, 2020- September, 2023)
- Awarded First class 2nd position in B.Sc (CE),Dept. of Civil Engineering, RUET, 2012, Bangladesh.
- Best Student Award- 2009, Dept. of Civil Engineering, RUET, Bangladesh.
- Best Student Award- 2008, Dept. of Civil Engineering, RUET, Bangladesh.
Journal Articles (23)
- Siddika A, Hajimohammadi A, Ferdous W, Sahajwalla V. (2021) Roles of Waste Glass and the Effect of Process Parameters on the Properties of Sustainable Cement and Geopolymer Concrete—A State-of-the-Art Review. Polymers (MDPI, IF 4.329, Q1 ranked journal). 13(22):3935. https://doi.org/10.3390/polym13223935
- Ayesha Siddika, Ailar Hajimohammadi and Veena Sahajwalla (2021) "Powder sintering and gel casting methods in making glass foam using waste glass: A review on parameters, performance, and challenges" Ceramics International (Elsevier, Q1 journal; IF: 4.527), Doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ceramint.2021.10.066
- Ayesha Siddika*; Md. Abdullah Al Mamun; Farhad Aslani; Yan Zhuge; Rayed Alyousef and Ailar Hajimohammadi (2021) "Cross-laminated timber–concrete composite structural floor system: A state-of-the-art review" Engineering Failure Analysis (Elsevier, Q1 journal; IF: 3.114), Doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engfailanal.2021.105766
- Siddika A, Hajimohammadi A, Mamun MAA, Alyousef R, Ferdous W. (2021) Waste Glass in Cement and Geopolymer Concretes: A Review on Durability and Challenges. Polymers (MDPI, IF 4.329, Q1 ranked journal).13(13):2071. https://doi.org/10.3390/polym13132071
- Siddika A., Amin M.R., Rayhan M.A., Islam M.S., Mamun M.A.A., Rayed A., Amran Y.H.M (2021) "Performance of sustainable green concrete incorporated with fly ash rice husk ash and stone dust" Acta Polytechnica (Q2 Journal), 61(1):279-291. Doi: https://doi.org/10.14311/AP.2021.61.0279
- Islam, M.T., Islam, M., Siddika, A.*, Mamun MAA (2021) "Performance of rubberized concrete exposed to chloride solution and continuous wet–dry cycle".Innovative Infrastructure Solutions (Springer, Q2 Journal). 6(2):67. Doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s41062-020-00451-3
- Hasan MR, Siddika A, Akanda MPA, Islam MR (2021) Effects of waste glass addition on the physical and mechanical properties of brick. Innov Infrastruct Solut (Springer, Q2 Journal) 6:36. https://doi.org/10.1007/s41062-020-00401-z
- Ayesha Siddika*; Md. Abdullah Al Mamun; Rayed Alyousef and Hossein Mohammadhosseini (2020) State-of-the-art-review on rice husk ash: A supplementary cementitious material in concrete. Journal of King Saud University - Engineering Sciences.(Elsevier, Q1 journal). Doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jksues.2020.10.006
- Ashish Kumer Saha, Subhra Majhi, Prabir Kumar Sarker, Abhijit Mukherjee, Ayesha Siddika, Farhad Aslani, and Yan Zhuge (2020) Non-destructive prediction of strength of concrete made by lightweight recycled aggregates and nickel slag, Journal of Building Engineering (Elsevier, Q1 journal; IF: 5.318), Doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jobe.2020.101614
- Ayesha Siddika*, Md. Abdullah Al Mamun, Wahid Ferdous, Ashish Kumer Saha and Rayed Alyousef (2020) 3D Printed Concrete: Applications, Performance, and Challenges, Journal of Sustainable Cement-Based Materials (Taylor & Francis, Q1 journal; IF: 4.429). 9(3):127-164 Doi: https://doi.org/10.1080/21650373.2019.1705199
- Ayesha Siddika*, Md. Abdullah Al Mamun, Wahid Ferdous and Rayed Alyousef (2020) Performances, challenges and opportunities in strengthening reinforced concrete structures by using FRPs - A state-of-the-art review, Engineering Failure Analysis (Elsevier, Q1 journal; IF: 3.114), DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engfailanal.2020.104480
- Rayed Alyousef, Hisham Alabduljabbar, Hossein Mohammadhosseini, Abdeliazim Mustafa Mohamed, Ayesha Siddika, Fahed Alrshoudi, Abdulaziz Alaskar (2020) “Utilization of sheep wool as potential fibrous materials in the production of concrete composites” Journal of Building Engineering (Elsevier, Q1 journal; IF: 5.318), 101216, Doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jobe.2020.101216
- Y.H.Mugahed Amran; Rayed Alyousef; Hisham Alabduljabbar; M.H.R. Khudhairb; Farzad Hejazid; Abdulaziz Alaskar; Fahed Alrshoudi; Ayesha Siddika (2020) Performance properties of structural fibred-foamed concrete. Results in Engineering (Elsevier), 5:100092. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rineng.2019.100092
- Ayesha Siddika*, Krishno Saha, Md. Sumodro Mahmud, Sumon Chandra Roy, Md. Abdullah Al Mamun and Rayed Alyousef (2019) Performance and failure analysis of carbon fiber-reinforced polymer (CFRP) strengthened reinforced concrete (RC) beams, SN Applied Sciences (Springer), 1(12):1617, Doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s42452-019-1675-x
- Ayesha Siddika*, Md. Robiul Awall, Md. Abdullah Al Mamun, Tasnuva Humyra (2019) Study on Natural Frequency of Frame Structures, Journal of Computational Engineering and Physical Modeling, 2(2), pp. 38-49, Doi: https://doi.org/10.22115/cepm.2019.183201.1062
- Hasan Assaedi, Thamer Alomayri, Ayesha Siddika, Faiz Shaikh, Hatem Alamri, Subaer Subaer, It-Meng Low (2019) "Effect of Nanosilica on Mechanical Properties and Microstructure of PVA Fiber-Reinforced Geopolymer Composite (PVA-FRGC)" Materials (MDPI, IF: 3.623), 12(21):3624; https://doi.org/10.3390/ma12213624
- Ayesha Siddika*, Md. Hasibul Hasan Shojib, Md. Mokbul Hossain, Md. Israfil Hossain, Md. Abdullah Al Mamun, Rayed Alyousef, Y. H. Mugahed Amran (2019) "Flexural performance of wire mesh and geotextile-strengthened reinforced concrete beam" SN Applied Sciences (Springer), 1(11):1324, Doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s42452-019-1373-8
- Ayesha Siddika*, Md. Abdullah Al Mamun, Rayed Alyousef, Y.H. Mugahed Amran, Farhad Aslani and Hisham Alabduljabbar (2019) "Properties and utilizations of waste tire rubber in concrete: A review" Construction and Building Materials (Elsevier, Q1 journal; IF: 6.141), 224:711-731, Doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2019.07.108
- Ayesha Siddika*, Md. Abdullah Al Mamun, Rayed Alyousef, Mugahed Amran (2019) Strengthening of reinforced concrete beams by using fiber-reinforced polymer composites: A review, Journal of Building Engineering (Elsevier, Q1 journal; IF: 5.318), 25:100798, Doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jobe.2019.100798
- Rayed Alyousef, Khaled Aldossari, Omar Ibrahim, Haretha Al Jabr, Hisham Alabduljabbar, Abdeliazim Mustafa Mohamed and Ayesha Siddika (2019) Effect of Sheep Wool Fiber on Fresh and Hardened Properties of Fiber Reinforced Concrete, International Journal of Civil Engineering and Technology 10(5), pp. 190-199.
- • Ayesha Siddika*, Md. Abdullah Al Mamun and Md. Hedayat Ali (2018), “Study on Concrete with Rice Husk Ash”, Innovative Infrastructure Solutions (Springer) 3:18 Doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s41062-018-0127-6
- • Ayesha Siddika*, Md. Robiul Awall, Md. Abdullah Al Mamun, Tasnuva Humyra (2018), “Free vibration analysis of steel framed structures”, Journal of Rehabilitation in Civil Engineering, DOI: https://doi.org/10.22075/jrce.2018.12830.1224
- • Ayesha Siddika*, Md. Abdullah Al Mamun and Md. Abu Bakar Siddique (2017), “Evaluation of Bamboo Reinforcements in Structural Concrete Member”, KICEM Journal of Construction Engineering and Project Management, vol. 7, no. 4, pp.13-19. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.6106/JCEPM.2017.7.4.013
Conference Proceedings (1)
- Ayesha Siddika*, Ailar Hajimohammadi and Veena Sahajwalla (2021) "Recycling of Automotive Vehicle’s Waste Glass to Develop Sustainable Glass Foam using a Curing-Sintering Process" Concrete Institute of Australia’s Biennial National Conference (Concrete 2021). At: Australia.