B. Pharm. (Hons.); M. Pharm. (RU)
Department of Pharmacy
Pabna University of Science and Technology
Total Publications: 8
Total Publications (8)
- Master of Pharmacy (M. Pharm.), Department of Pharmacy, University of Rajshahi, Rajshahi - 6205, Bangladesh.
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (B. Pharm. (Hons.)), Department of Pharmacy, University of Rajshahi, Rajshahi - 6205, Bangladesh.
- Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC), Notre Dame College, Dhaka Education Board, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Secondary School Certificate (SSC), Shahid Smaranika High School, Rajshahi Education Board, Rajshahi, Bangladesh.
Teaching Experience (3)
- I am very ambitious and was determined to develop my carrier as a faculty member as it has great opportunity to learn, gather, broaden & share new knowledge. This profession also offers huge opportunities to do researches in various arenas of pharmacy. My total teaching experiences are summarized as below: 1. Currently I am serving as an Assistant Professor, Department of Pharmacy, Pabna University of Science and Technology (PUST), Pabna ever since 01 October, 2019.
- 2. I also worked as a Lecturer, Department of Pharmacy, Pabna University of Science and Technology (PUST), Pabna from 01 April, 2017 to 30 September, 2019.
- 3. I served as a Lecturer, Department of Pharmacy, Primeasia University, Banani, Dhaka from 01 July, 2015 to 31 March, 2017.
Administrative or Other Experience (7)
- I worked as an Officer, Research and Development (R&D) Department in Healthcare Pharmaceuticals Ltd., Gazipur from 26 April, 2014 to 30 June, 2015.
- I have honored to perform responsibility as member of various sub-committees such as seat plan, invigilation management, food management, answer script evaluation committees of different yearly admission tests held in Pabna University of Science and Technology from the year of 2017 to 2021.
- I am hosting now as President of Pharmacy Association, Department of Pharmacy, Pabna University of Science and Technology Since April 2020.
- I was functioned as a member of "Blood Donation and Photography Sub-committee" of University Day Celebration Committee - 2022 and "Venue Management Sub-committee" of University Day Celebration Committee - 2018 at Pabna University of Science and Technology, Pabna - 6600, Bangladesh.
- Since April 2020 I am performing duty as a member of "Medical Advisory Board" of Medical Centre at Pabna University of Science and Technology, Pabna - 6600, Bangladesh.
- I had completed my work as Treasurer of Pharmacy Association, Department of Pharmacy, Pabna University of Science and Technology from September 2017 to April 2020.
- I am currently employing as Chairman (Head of the Department) since 27 April 2020 at Department of Pharmacy in Pabna University of Science and Technology, Pabna - 6600, Bangladesh.
Research Interests (1)
- Diabetology and Lipidology, Blood diseases, Herbal preparations, Phytochemistry, Pharmacology, Antibiotics, Antioxidants and Anticancer agents, Microbiology and Molecular Sciences, Analytical methods and Formulation development, Bioavailability and Bioequivalence Studies, Pharmacovigilance, Pharmacy and Clinical Practice etc.
Active Research Project (2)
- Prevalence Study of Risk Factors Connected with Malnutrition among PUST Students from the Assessment of Nutritional Status and Food Consumption Pattern.
- Human Health Risks Evaluation by Assessing the Microbiological and Physicochemical Quality of Drinking Water of Student Residences of Pabna University of Science and Technology, Bangladesh.
Previous Research Project (3)
- Investigation of the beneficial effects of combination therapy of Metformin and Momordica charantia (Bitter melon) on alloxan induced diabetic rats (AIDRs).
- Screening and Diagnosis of Diabetes and Pre-diabetes in Rural Area of Pabna District, Bangladesh: Looking for a Relationship with Associated Factors.
- Assessment of Knowledge, Attitude and Practice Regarding Voluntary Blood Donation among Students of Pabna University of Science and Technology, Bangladesh – Establishment of a Database for Local and National Use.
External Affiliation (5)
- Former Member of Swajon, a Voluntary Blood Donor’s Organization at Rajshahi University, Rajshahi.
- Former member of GOLD BANGLADESH (Group of Liberal Debaters Bangladesh), a debating club of Rajshahi University.
- Alumnus of Pharmacy Department, University of Rajshahi, Rajshahi, Bangladesh.
- Former Member of Rajshahi University Pharmacy Association (RUPA), Pharmacy Department, Rajshahi University, Rajshahi.
- Registered Pharmacist Affiliated by the Pharmacy Council of Bangladesh. Registration Number: A - 7726
Awards & Recognition (4)
- 2019 - 2021: Research Project Grants Funded by Pabna University of Science and Technology.
- 2013: National Science and Technology (NST) fellowship from Ministry of Education, Bangladesh, during thesis work entitle by "Investigation of the beneficial effects of combination therapy of Metformin and Momordica charantia (Bitter melon) on alloxan induced diabetic rats" in M. Pharm. Degree.
- 2008 - 2011: University Merit Stipend by Rajshshi University
- 2005 - 2007: Government Stipend for Secondary School Certificate Examination by the Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education, Rajshahi.
Journal Articles (8)
- 8. Islam M., Ali B., Islam F., Rahman A., Nusrat F., and Islam M. A. 2021. Assessment of the Distribution of ABO and Rh Phenotype Blood Groups: A Study among the Students of Pabna University of Science and Technology, Pabna, Bangladesh. Bangladesh University Journal (ISSN 2309-8791). 4 (1): 103-111.
- 7. Pulye Roy P., Islam M., Islam M. S., and Rashid M. 2020. Beneficial Effects of Combination Therapy of Sitagliptin and β-carotene Drugs on Streptozotocin-induced Diabetic Rats. Bangladesh Pharmaceutical Journal (ISSN 0301-4606 eISSN 2408-8463). 23 (2): 87-95
- 6. Iqbal A., Hossain M. S., Shamim M. A., Islam M., Siddique M. A. T. 2020. Formulation, in vitro evaluation and characterization of atorvastatin solid dispersion. Tropical Journal of Pharmaceutical Research (ISSN: 1596-5996 (print); 1596-9827 (electronic)). 19 (6): 1131-1138
- 5. Islam M., Islam M. S., Zannah S., Sadik G. and Rashid M. 2018. Momordica charantia (Bitter melon) in combination with metformin potentiates hypoglycemic and hypolipidemic effects in alloxan-induced diabetic rats. Bangladesh Pharmaceutical Journal (ISSN: 0301-4606). 21 (2): 109-117
- 4. Islam M., Islam M. S., Zannah S. and Rashid M. 2019. Combination therapy of Momordica charantia Linn. (Bitter Melon) with antihyperglycemic agent gives increased antioxidative and hepatoprotective actions in alloxan-induced diabetic rats. Bangladesh Pharmaceutical Journal (ISSN: 0301-4606). 22 (1): 34-40
- 3. Biswas M., Roy D. N., Islam M., Parvez G. M. M., Rahman M. M., Tajmim A., Ferdiousi N., Ali M. and Nasim S. M. 2014. Prevalence and nature of handwritten outpatients prescription errors in Bangladesh. International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences (ISSN: 0975-1491). 6 (5): 126-130
- 2. Biswas M., Roy D. N., Rahman M. M., Islam M., Parvez G. M. M., Haque M. U., Shahriar A. A. E., Ahmed M. S. and Niloy S. I. 2015. Doctor’s prescribing trends of antibiotics for outpatients in Bangladesh: A cross-sectional health survey conducted in three districts. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research (E-ISSN: 0975-8232; P-ISSN: 2320-5148). 6 (2): 669-675
- 1. Zannah S., Islam M., Ali Y., Asaduzzaman M., Sarwar M. S., Bari A. A. A. and Rashid M. 2015. Antidiabetics in combination with hydroxylchloroquine improve antioxidant and hepatoprotective activities in alloxan-induced diabetic rats. Bangladesh Pharmaceutical Journal (ISSN: 0301-4606). 18 (1): 72-77
Conducted Courses (1)
- Inorganic & Organic Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmacognosy, Basic Physiology & Anatomy, Medicinal Chemistry, Pharmacology, Pharmaceutical Technology, Pharmaceutical Engineering, Biopharmaceutics, Functional Foods, Nutraceuticals and Herbal Medicine, Clinical Pathology, Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Quality Control & Analytical Method Validation, Advanced Pharmaceutical Analysis, Pharmacy Practice, Research Methodology and Biostatistics, Advanced Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics, English Language & Communication, Bangladesh Studies etc.
Conference and Seminar Attended (2)
- I have attended a daylong International Seminar on 30 January, 2016 at Institute of Nutrition & Food Sciences, Dhaka University on the topic of ‘Green Technology and Society’, organized by Bangladesh JSPS Alumni Association (BJSPSAA).
- I have attended a daylong Seminar on 19 October, 2014 at Regency Hotel, Dhaka on the topic of ‘NIR & Raman Spectroscopy, An Introduction to the Techniques, Applications, Instrument and Analysis’ organized by Metrhom Middle East FZC.